ROFMH is looking for new people to join our Board of Trustees
Reach Out for Mental Health is a vibrant, highly respected and innovative Charity based in and supporting adults in Essex . We provide services to people living with suicidal thoughts and support groups who may not otherwise have access to mental health care.
The Board of Trustees play a crucial role in leading and steering the organisation and upholding its vision and philosophy.
What will you be doing?
We are currently looking for new, dynamic, creative and inspiring Trustees who can bring their energy and expertise to the organisation. We’re looking for people who have their own lived experience of emotional distress or maybe helping someone else through a tough time. We want to hear from people who like to think outside the box, brave enough to consider new ways of doing things and want to help bring around a new wave of support to our communities.
We are particularly keen to recruit trustees who have experience in any of the following areas:
• Mental Health Promotion/Suicide Prevention
• Lived experience of mental health issues/suicide attempt/bereavement by suicide
• Income generation/Fundraising
• Project Management
• Legal Expertise
• I.T/Web Design
• Don’t have any experience in any of the above- please still reach out to us!
What are we looking for?
Trustees must have
• Time to commit around an hour a month to responsibilities of the board and to meet over Zoom once a quarter.
• A commitment to our organisation and its objectives
• Strategic vision
• Independent judgement;
• An ability to think creatively;
• An understanding of legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship;
• A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to their duties as a Trustee
In addition to your statutory duties, we ask for each trustee to use any specific skills, knowledge or experience they have, to help the board of trustees reach sound decisions. This may involve scrutinising board papers, leading discussions, focusing on key issues, providing advice and guidance on new initiatives, or other issues in which the trustee has special expertise.
What’s in it for the Trustee?
This is an exciting time for ROFMH as we develop and expand our services and explore opportunities to support more people in need across Essex. You will be joining an alternative and trail blazing approach to suicide prevention. Trustees should expect to learn new skills and to be effectively supported in conducting their role.
All new Trustees are subject to a DBS check.
Contact for further details
If you are interested in finding out more about becoming a Trustee with ROFMH please contact us on email@example.com or phone 07898 220 384